60% of all materials are consumed by the construction and operation of the built environment, with many of these going to landfill at the end of their life.
The challenge is to retain building materials in the economy, rather than the current linear model of take, make, dispose.
Ceiling solutions with Cradle to Cradle certification are designed to be safe, healthy and endlessly re-usable.
Cradle to Cradle® reframes design as a positive, regenerative force. Our certification helps customers purchase and specify products that are designed for recycling using manufacturing processes which minimise water consumption, adopt renewable energy strategies and acknowledge social responsibility.
Cradle to Cradle® Design
The Cradle to Cradle® programme has been developed to meet growing customer demand for sustainable products, with C2C certification already becoming a requirement for building projects in the United States and Europe. It
- Helps specifiers and clients through the maze of environmental claims, providing a transparent mechanism to compare the sustainability performance of competing products.
- Helps customers choose good-quality and healthy materials without paying more.
- Provides transparency regarding material safety.
- Provides a safer environment for building users.
- Helps protect and sustain our environment for future generations by keeping resources in the economy for longer.
Cradle to Cradle certified products are recognised in LEED®, WELL Building Standard and Ska credits.
Products C2C Certificated